Thursday, November 20, 2008

Countless Blessings...by Heather Armbruster

As Thanksgiving approaches, I have begun to reflect on everything God has blessed me with throughout my life, especially over the past year and a half. Out of all the different choices I had to decide between in selecting a college, I am extremely thankful that I ended up here at Ohio Northern University. I have been given a wonderful opportunity to pursue the profession of my dreams, pharmacy, in an outstanding academic institution. Although at times my studies can be difficult, I am grateful for all of my professors and the staff at ONU who are always there for support and to lend a helping hand. Furthermore, I am thankful for all of the people I have met around campus. I have been truly blessed with amazing friends, who I do not know what I would do without!
If those blessing were not enough, I am also very grateful for being able to be a part of Ohio Northern University’s Women’s Basketball family. I call it a family because that is truly what we are. Between my coaches and teammates I can honestly say that I have a home away from home. They are all extremely compassionate, encouraging, and so much fun to hang out with! Our memories are endless. (I love you guys!) Nevertheless, I am thankful for more than just the people in our basketball family. Having the opportunity to be a part of the basketball program itself is another entity for which I am grateful. I am happy to be a part of a team that works hard, truly loves the game of basketball, and competes against some of the best competition in Division III, which makes stepping onto the court each night that much more exciting!
So far, my all-around experience at Ohio Northern University has been amazing, and I consider it a true blessing from God. The team to which I belong and the friends I have made have become parts of my life that I cannot fathom living without. However, none of this would be possible without my family. The sacrifices my parents have made in addition to the love and support I receive from both them and my sister are blessings so immense that I do not know if they can be repaid. Therefore, I want to also thank them for everything they do! They mean the world to me!


Heather Armbruster

Sophomore

Pharmacy

No comments: