Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Coach Durand - thankful in many ways













Since we are getting so close to Thanksgiving I thought I would let everyone know what I am thankful for... you can see the pictures of the beautiful new floor in King Horn Center. We had a very generous donor give us the money for a brand new floor. It will be dedicated on Dec. 20th and named after our former men's basketball coach Joe Campoli and his wife Margaret. The floor is state of the art and a great addition to our facility. In addition to our new floor we also renovated our locker room in the summer of 2007 (pictures above). Our alumnae together gave $50,000 so we could get the locker room done. Our current players love the new space. It has a state of the art stereo system, a big flat screen tv, and beautiful cherry wood lockers. I am thankful our alumnae cared so much to give back so that future players could have a premier space.

I am thankful for Sara Terrell, my assistant coach. Coach Terrell puts her heart and soul into the program. She does everything from helping to plan practice, scout opponents, and recruiting to name just a few things. Our program would not be where it is today without her dedication.

Finally, the last seven years have been the best of my coaching career. I am thankful for the players, past and present, who have been a part of this program. Each and everyone of them has touched my life in one way or another. Many of them have gone on to be successful in their careers and have started families of their own. This year's team is young but is working hard and there is no doubt they will leave their mark. I am very lucky to be a part of the Ohio Northern Women's Basketball family.

Coach Durand
















2 comments:

Susan said...

To all my lady Polar Bears -

First, congrats on your first win of the season against Franklin! And good luck tomorrow!

As a former member of the women's basketball program, I can tell you that being a part of this team is something that will forever be a part of who you are. Once a Polar Bear, always a a Polar Bear!

I am thankful to have had the experiences, memories and wonderful friendships that formed from my time playing basketball.

I am also thankful for each and everyone of you! I enjoy following the team, attending games and helping in any way I can. I look forward to yet another exciting season.

GO BEARS!
Susan Cinadr
ONU Woman's basketball player 1995-1999

Joy Beadworks said...

GO BEARS!!