Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Meet the Staff - Head Coach Michele Durand


I am beginning my eighth year at Ohio Northern. Prior to coming to ONU I was the head coach at Bluffton University for 11 years and an assistant coach there for 1 year. Coaching women's basketball has been a dream job for me. I love basketball and working with young people so it has been an ideal situation for me. I have especially enjoyed my time at Ohio Northern. I have the opportunity to work with wonderful people at a place that is 100% supportive of athletics. What I especially like about ONU is the commitment to academics and athletics. The athletes here are successful in the classroom and on the court/field.
In my spare time I enjoy spending time with family and friends. I especially love animals. My dog Samantha (Sam) is pictured above. She is 15 years old now so she is not as active as she used to be but she has been a wonderful companion. She has been with me most of my coaching career. I'm not sure what I will do without her. In addition, I like spending time outdoors especially on the golf course. I am not a good golfer by any means but I enjoy the challenge. Reading a good book is also something I enjoy when I get the time.

No comments: